DEPARTMENT OF NURSING
- General Information
- Qualification Awarded
- Level of Qualification
- Admission Requirements
- Arrangements for the Recognition of Prior Learning
- Qualification Requirements and Regulations
- Profile of the Programme
- Key Learning Outcomes
- Occupational Profiles of Graduates
- Access to Further Studies
- Courses - Term, Credit and ECTS Credit
- Examination Regulations, Assessment and Grading
- Graduation Requirements
- Mode of Study
- Programme Director
- Courses – Key Learning Outcomes Relation Matrix
- NQF-HETR/Program Competencies Matrix
Ufuk University School of Nursery Established in the 2005-2006 academic year, the Department of Nursery offers a four-year undergraduate program leading to a B.A. degree. The academic staff consists of 1 professors, 1 associate professors, 2 university lecturer.
The students who successfully complete the program are awarded the degree of Bachelor of Science in Nursery.
Level of Qualification
Bachelor’s Degree (First Cyle)
Students are accepted through the centrally administered entrance exam conducted by ÖSYM (Student Selection and Placement Center). General admission requirements apply for both Turkish students and students of other nationalities
Arrangements for the Recognition of Prior Learning
At Ufuk University full-time students can be exempted from some courses within the framework of the related by laws. If the content of the course previously taken in another institution is equivalent to the course offered at Ufuk University, then the student can be exempted from this course with the approval of the related faculty/graduate school after the evaluation of the course content
Qualification Requirements and Regulations
A student is required to successfully complete the designated list of courses and meet the requirement of a minimum of 240 ECTS credits. The student must have a minimum GPA of 2.00/4.00 and no falling grades.
Profile of the Programme
Program of the nursing school aims training students to gain theoretical and practical knowledge as well as to develop skills and attitudes related to nursing education, administration and research.
Either the area of preventing diseases or health maintenance and health promotion the program enables the graduates to pennon the graduates to pennon their roles effiwently, as an educator, researcher, administrator, counsellor and cure giver.
Key Learning Outcomes
Occupational Profiles of Graduates
Graduates of the programme can work at government or private companies in the field of health sector in the positions of: Clinical Nursing, Director of nursing, Education Nursing , Supervisor nursing , Special branch nursing, Academician
Access to Further Studies
Undergraduates may apply to master's or doctorate programmes.
Courses - Term, Credit and ECTS Credit
- 1 - Semester Type Course Code Course Name Credits ECTS Credits 1 Compulsory BYK101 BIOCHEMISTRY 2 2 1 Compulsory HEM101 Recognizing Self and Communication Methods 2 2 1 Compulsory ING101 Engelish language skills 3 3 1 Compulsory TUR 101 TURKISH LANGUAGE 0 2 1 Compulsory ANA101 ANATOMY 4 6 1 Compulsory FZY101 PHYSİOLOGY 4 4 1 Compulsory HİS101 Hıstology-Embryology 2 3 1 Compulsory MİK101 MICROBIOLOGY 4 6 1 Elective SEC101 ELEMANTARY OF NURSING 2 2 1 Elective SEÇ103 Non Verbal Communucation 2 2 - 2 - Semester Type Course Code Course Name Credits ECTS Credits 2 Compulsory ING 102 ENGLISH LANGUAGE SKILLS II 3 3 2 Compulsory TUR 102 Turkish Language II 0 2 2 Compulsory İST102 INTRODUCTION TO COMPUTER 3 3 2 Compulsory HEM102 FUNDAMENTALS OF NURSING 16 18 2 Compulsory HPSİ102 Psychology 2 2 2 Elective HEM112 DICTION AND SPEAKING 2 2 2 Elective SEÇ102 PHYSIOLOGY IN EXTREME CONDITIONS 2 2 - 3 - Semester Type Course Code Course Name Credits ECTS Credits 3 Compulsory FAR201 PHARMACOLOGY 2 2 3 Compulsory HEM201 İÇ HASTALIKLARI HEMŞİRELİĞİ 14 17 3 Compulsory HEM203 NURSING HISTORY DEONTOLOGY AND ETHIC 2 2 3 Compulsory ENG201 Reading and Speaking in English 3 3 3 Compulsory PAT201 GENERAL PATHOLOGY 2 2 3 Compulsory TAR 201 Ataturk’s Principles and History of Turkish Revolution - I 0 2 3 Elective SEÇ211 THE PHILOSOPHY OF NURSING 2 2 3 Elective SEÇ213 LIFE PERIODS 2 2 3 Elective SEÇ215 END OF LIFE CARE-I 2 2 - 4 - Semester Type Course Code Course Name Credits ECTS Credits 4 Compulsory HEM202 Surgical Nursing 14 17 4 Compulsory HEM204 Health promotion and health policies 2 3 4 Compulsory TAR202 PRINCIPLES AND REVOLUTIONS OF ATATÜRK II 0 2 4 Compulsory BES202 Nutrition principles 3 3 4 Compulsory ING202 Reading and Speaking in English 3 3 4 Elective SEÇ206 MEDICATION ON ILNESS 2 2 4 Elective SEÇ212 END-OF-LIFE CARE II 2 2 4 Elective SEÇ214 INTEGRATIVE HEALTH 2 2 - 5 - Semester Type Course Code Course Name Credits ECTS Credits 5 Compulsory HEM301 Obstetrics, Womens Health and Gynecologic Nursing 14 17 5 Compulsory HEM307 - 2 2 5 Compulsory HEM311 COMMUNICABLE DISEASES NURSING 2 3 5 Compulsory ING301 English for Specific Purposes 3 3 5 Compulsory İST319 RESEARCH TECHNICS 2 3 5 Elective HEM303 TRANSCULTURAL NURSING 2 2 5 Elective SEÇ303 TRANSCULTURAL NURSING 2 2 5 Elective SEÇ305 PATIENT SAFETY 2 2 5 Elective SEÇ307 GENDER 2 2 - 6 - Semester Type Course Code Course Name Credits ECTS Credits 6 Compulsory BİS302 - 2 2 6 Compulsory HEM302 Child Health and Diseases Nursing 14 17 6 Compulsory HEM304 First Aid Nursing 5 4 6 Compulsory SOS302 Health Sociology 2 2 6 Elective HEM308 Occupational diseases and health nursing 2 2 6 Elective SEÇ306 Helath Law 2 2 6 Elective SEÇ308 PSYCHOSOCIAL NURSING 2 2 6 Elective SEÇ310 SEXUAL HEALTH 2 2 6 Vocational ING302 Academic English 3 3 - 7 - Semester Type Course Code Course Name Credits ECTS Credits 7 Compulsory HEM401 Mental health and ilness nursing 14 17 7 Compulsory HEM403 TEACHING IN NURSING 4 4 7 Compulsory HEM405 NURSING MANAGEMENT 6 7 7 Elective SEC409 PROJECT STUDY-I 2 2 - 8 - Semester Type Course Code Course Name Credits ECTS Credits 8 Compulsory HEM402 PUBLIC HEALTH NURSING 14 17 8 Compulsory HEM412 Clinical Practice 8 10 8 Elective SEÇ406 PROJECT STUDY-II 2 3
Examination Regulations, Assessment and Grading
A variety ofassessment methods such as quizzes, mid-term(s), assignment(s), exercise(s), project(s), practice(s), and a final exam are implemented in the programme. Assessment methods may include classical test(s), multiple-choice test(s), homework(s), performance evaluation(s), and product evaluation(s). In order to graduate from the programme, cumulative GPA must be minimum 2.00. A course grade is constituted by evaluating the above stated elements and given by using letters. Letter grades and their associated coefficients are as follows;
A student is required to successfully complete the designated program of courses meet a minimum of 240 ECTS credit requirement and have a minimum GPA of 2.00/4.00 and no F1, F2, K, Y, Z, E or T grades.
Mode of Study
Associate Professor Alev Leventoğlu
Courses – Key Learning Outcomes Relation Matrix
NQF-HETR/Program Competencies Matrix