Associate Degree and Undergraduate Degree Program
For Citizens of Turkish Republic; Students in Turkey are emplaced with a national examination held by Assessment Selection and Placement Center. The exam consists of two parts named as LYS and YGS. These placement tests include Mathematics, Science, Foreign Language, Social Sciences, Literature and Geography. Students are responsible for their own fields in these tests.
Every student has to register in schools to which they are placed by Assessment Selection and Placement Center.
For Foreign Students; Students are admitted in accordance with “Principals of Foreign Students Admission” by Board of Higher Education and with Ufuk University Students Admission Directive.
b) with the condition that they are final year students of high schools or they are graduate
1) Foreign students,
2) Those who were born in Turkey but were expatriated by the Ministry of Internal Affairs
3) Those who used to be foreign but acquired the citizenship of Turkish Republic/ who has dual nationality with similar conditions
4) Turkish citizens who completed their whole secondary education in any foreign country except for TRNC (K.K.T.C.) (including those who completed their whole secondary education in a Turkish school in any foreign country except for TRNC)
5) TRNC citizens living in TRNC, completed their secondary education in TRNC and have their GCE AL exam results or those who enrolled in and studied at a college or high school of any other country between 2005-2010 and have or will have their GCE AL exam results,
will be accepted.
b) Applications of the applicants who are;
1) Turkish citizens who completed their whole secondary education in either Turkey or TRNC,
2) TRNC citizens (excluding those who completed their whole secondary education in high schools of TRNC and have their GCE AL results or those who enrolled in and studied at a college or high school of any other country between 2005-2010 and have or will have their GCE AL exam results),
3) Dual citizens whose first citizenship being Turkish by birthright as described in article a, clause number 2, (excluding those who completed their whole secondary education in a foreign country except for TRNC / those who completed their whole secondary education in a Turkish school in a foreign country except for TRNC)
4) Dual citizens who has TRNC citizenship, (excluding those who completed their whole secondary education in high schools of TRNC and have their GCE AL results and those who enrolled in and studied at a college or high school of any other country between 2005-2010 and have or will have their GCE AL exam results)
5) Dual citizens whose first citizenship is of Turkey by birthright as described in article a, clause number 2 or Turkish citizens received their education from the schools within the embassies in Turkey or foreigner high schools,
will not be accepted.
Exams to be used to evaluate the applicants
(1) It is required for those who will apply for the university to get the minimum point in the exams following:
· SAT 1 (Minimum 1000 points)
· ACT (Minimum 21 points)
· Abitur 4 points,
· French Baccalauréat (10/20)
· GCE A Level Certificate (Minimum 2 courses)
· International Baccalauréat (IB) (At least 24 points of diploma)
· Austrian Matura Diploma (Matura Reifezeugnis)
· Italian Maturita Diploma (Diploma di Maturita)
(2) During the acceptance of students from abroad, it is decided that among the exams suggested to be used for the acceptance of foreign national students and approved by Council of High Education, the ones counted as academic qualifications at the end of the high school (like Abitur, International Baccalauréate, GCE, Tawjihi etc.) will not be restricted in terms of the period of availability but the ones counted as university entrance exams (such as SAT) will be by two years.
Associate Degree Program
The placement for associate degree programs is done taking the results of Student Selection and Placement Exam, the student’s choice and their success grade of secondary education into consideration, in addition to a required diploma of a High School or Vocational High School. The students graduated from a vocational school may choose to be placed to an associate degree program without any exam, provided that they make a choice of their own field they graduated from.
Students graduated from higher educations:
a) The requirement of Ales has been removed in the acceptance of students to the non-thesis Masters Programs since 2013-2014 Academic Year / Spring term. The students who want to do Masters with thesis must get at least 55 from any of the three kinds of ALES score or at least 450 from The GMAT Exam or at least 610 from Gre etc.
Foreign students that want to do Masters with thesis in our university must get at least 40 from ALES on condition that it does not exceed 3 years or the equal score from GMAT, Gre etc. Also, the universities that the foreign students study must be recognized by The Council of Higher Education. ALES score is not required from the foreign students that want to do non-thesis Masters.
For the foreign students who will attend Graduate Studies; In accordance with the Articles 60 and 61 of the Law numbered 6486 and the Law numbered 5510 published in the Official Gazette numbered 28661 and dated 29.05.2013, the foreign students are required to apply to the Social Security Institution (SSI) in three months beginning from the initial enrollment date in order for the processes of General Health Insurance (GHI) to begin.
Foreign students can get information; about registration of General Health Insurance from the explanation about foreign students’ General Health Insurance address; and by clicking the link ‘ The Announcement for Foreign Students’ for the procedures of the entry, residence, and visa.
b) Students must get an undergraduate degree (the senior students can apply to the graduate programs but they must certificate their graduation during the registration procedures)
c) Students must pass the foreign language exam that the university will do.
The students who get the least score from the exams below and accepted by The Council of Higher Education are exempted from the Foreign Language Exam by our institute.
For the detailed information about the application of Graduate Programs:
a The candidates who will apply for the PhD Program are required to be MA graduates; However, in accordance with the temporary Article 3 of the Regulation on the Amendments to be made in the Graduate Education Regulations of Inter-University Board published in the Official Gazette dated 06/02/2013, the graduate students who enrolled in a non-thesis master program before 06/02/2013 can apply for the PhD Program.
a) Grade point average of master’s degree
Should be at least 65 out of 100 (2,50 out of 4,00) for graduates of master’s with thesis,
Should be at least 76,66 out of 100 (3,00 out of 4,00) for graduates of master’s without thesis,
Conversion table constituted by Turkish Council of High Education’s Executive Council to convert 4 point grading system into 100 point grading system will be used,
c) It is required to have at least 55 points in the foreign language exams conducted by ÖSYM (YDS-KPDS-ÜDS) or to have equal point in any international exam accepted as equivalent by ÖSYM. ( The law no. 6114, article no. 7 and Regulations about Knowledge of Foreign Language Level Determination Procedure and Principles featured in the Official Gazette of 04/01/2013 and tables of Foreign Language Exams’ Equivalences of 24/04/2013 and 23/07/2013 published on www.osym.gov.tr will be based on.)
For foreign students, it is required to have at least 55 points of YDS-ÜDS-KPDS of any language among English, French or German excluding their native tongue or to have equivalent point of international exams accepted as equivalent by ÖSYM.
d)It is required to have at least 55 points of the point type of the program they applied in Academic Personnel and Postgraduate Education Entrance Exam (ALES) or to have equivalent point determined by the Council of High Education in GRE-GMAT exams accepted internationally, instead of ALES.
e) In acceptance for doctorate program, 5% of Undergraduate Program Success Rate, 10% of Graduate Program Success Rate, 50% of ALES results, 15% of foreign language proficiency, 20% of Interview will be get as percentages in calculation and after evaluation, applicants are placed by their rankings until the declared quota fills.
f) During the course of accepting the department of Business’ or its sub-branches’ (minors’) graduate students for doctorate program, among the applicants who applied for the doctorate program of Business, if those who are accepted lack business courses of graduate level determined by Head of the Department, they are required to take “Scientific Preparedness Program”.
Specialty in Medicine Program and Specialty in Sub-branch Program
In accordance with Law no. 1219 and Regulations of Specialty in Dentistry Program, placing is done by ÖSYM considering the results of TUS and YDS exams.
ENGLISH PREPARATION PROGRAM
In accordance with the Regulations Regarding the Principles of Foreign Language Education and Education in Foreign Language of Higher Education Institutions, our University necessitates a One-Year English Preparation Program and, absenteeism excepted, those who attended to English Preparation program and failed in year-end proficiency exam will continue their faculty/department they acquired the right to attend to (except for departments giving education in foreign languages). However, these students must pass English Proficiency Exam to graduate from the university.
Those who have met the following requirements are exempted from the preparation year;
-Those who have the documents with the points required from the English language exams conducted by ÖSYM to determine the level of English or international exams whose equivalence is recognized by ÖSYM (Foreign Language Exams Equivalence Chart is published on the following links: www.osym.gov.tr and www.yok.gov.tr, the implementation of equivalence of the results of Yabancı Dil Sınavı YDS (KPDS/ÜDS) conducted by ÖSYM with international exams, for all foreign languages if no validity date is remarked on the document, is valid for documents issued in 2005 and later, and for documents of KPDS/ÜDS/YDS no validity date is required.)
YDS (KPDS/ÜDS) Equivalence charts published by ÖSYM.
-Those who have studied 1 year English preparation and completed it successfully
-Those who get 60 out of 100 in the English Proficiency Exam that will be conducted by the Preparation Year Coordinatorship of our university.