- General Information
- Qualification Awarded
- Level of Qualification
- Admission Requirements
- Arrangements for the Recognition of Prior Learning
- Qualification Requirements and Regulations
- Profile of the Programme
- Key Learning Outcomes
- Occupational Profiles of Graduates
- Access to Further Studies
- Courses - Term, Credit and ECTS Credit
- Examination Regulations, Assessment and Grading
- Graduation Requirements
- Mode of Study
- Programme Director
- Courses – Key Learning Outcomes Relation Matrix
- NQF-HETR/Program Competencies Matrix
Established in the 2006-2007 academic year, the Department of International Trade offers a four-year undergraduate program leading to a B.A. degree. The academic staff consists of 1 professors, 3 assistant professors, and 3 research assistant.
The students who successfully complete the program are awarded the degree of Bachelor of Science in International Trade.
Level of Qualification
Bachelor’s Degree (First Cyle)
Students are accepted through the centrally administered entrance exam conducted by ÖSYM (Student Selection and Placement Center). General admission requirements apply for both Turkish students and students of other nationalities
Arrangements for the Recognition of Prior Learning
At Ufuk University full-time students can be exempted from some courses within the framework of the related by laws. If the content of the course previously taken in another institution is equivalent to the course offered at Ufuk University, then the student can be exempted from this course with the approval of the related faculty/graduate school after the evaluation of the course content
Qualification Requirements and Regulations
A student is required to successfully complete the designated list of courses and meet the requirement of a minimum of 240 ECTS credits. The student must have a minimum GPA of 2.00/4.00 and no falling grades
Profile of the Programme
Ufuk University of International Business degree programs and special purpose external relations in the public sector as a result of globalization and intensified qualified to work in the field of international trade is to educate managers and staff.
Key Learning Outcomes
Economics, international economics, business administration, international business will have updated information about .
In addition to courses in international trade will have the legal infrastructure related to trade .
Global logistics activities related to planning and management knowledge and these activities can reconciling international perspective .
Both trade and national and international experts taking business courses will have the quality of being a manager .
Winning interdisciplinary perspective in their area and other areas will have a critical perspective .
Developing analytical thinking skills to analyze economic relations and political decision-making on these issues is the way to gain expertise .
Used in the field of economics and business solutions for numerical and statistical knowledge .
Financial analysis is the ability to trade on this information and uses it to manage the potential risks .
Using foreign languages will follow up to date information on national and international levels and collect information about the area .
With the help of the information available and the courses taken in oral and written expression skills in human relations and social responsibility improves becomes the owner .
The use of computers and software packages needed in the field will have the ability to use .
International finance and accounting knowledge can apply to international issues .
Turkey and the world economy will have updated information on .
Occupational Profiles of Graduates
The students who complete the programme has employment opportunities in public institutions such as Central Bank of Turkey (CBT), Undersecretariat of Treasury, Ministry of Economy, Ministry of Development, Ministry of Transport and also has employment opportunities in private sector such as multinational companies, banking, insurance, logistics, import-export firms.
Access to Further Studies
The students graduating from this program may apply to graduate programs.
Courses - Term, Credit and ECTS Credit
- 1 - Semester Type Course Code Course Name Credits ECTS Credits 1 Compulsory EKO101 ECONOMY I 3 5 1 Compulsory HUK115 FUNDAMENTAL KNOWLEDGES OF LAW 3 5 1 Compulsory ING101 ENGLISH LANGUAGE SKILLS 3 4 1 Compulsory MAT101 CALCULUS I 3 5 1 Compulsory TUR101 TURKISH LANGUAGE I - 2 1 Compulsory IST100 INTRODUCTION TO COMPUTERS 3 4 1 Compulsory İŞL103 GENERAL ACCOUNTING I 3 5 - 2 - Semester Type Course Code Course Name Credits ECTS Credits 2 Compulsory EKO102 ECONOMY II 3 5 2 Compulsory HUK116 COMMERCIAL LAW 3 5 2 Compulsory ING102 ENGLISH LANGUAGE SKILLS 3 4 2 Compulsory MAT102 CALCULUS II 3 5 2 Compulsory TUR102 TÜRK DİLİ II - 2 2 Compulsory İŞL104 GENERAL ACCOUNTING II 3 5 2 Compulsory İŞL106 FUNDAMENTALS OF MANAGEMENT 3 4 - 3 - Semester Type Course Code Course Name Credits ECTS Credits 3 Compulsory ING221 PROFFESSIONAL ENGLISH II 3 4 3 Compulsory TAR201 THE PRINCIPLES AND REVOLUTIONS OF ATATÜRK I 0 2 3 Compulsory ULT201 MONEY AND BANKING 3 5 3 Compulsory ULT203 PUBLIC FINANCE 3 5 3 Compulsory ULT205 INTRODUCTION TO LOGISTICS 3 5 3 Compulsory IST207 STATISTICS AND PROBABILITY I 3 4 3 Compulsory ISL209 FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT 3 5 - 4 - Semester Type Course Code Course Name Credits ECTS Credits 4 Compulsory ISL210 FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT II 3 5 4 Compulsory TAR202 PRINCIPLES AND REVOLUTIONS OF ATATÜRK II 0 2 4 Compulsory ULT202 TURKISH TAX SYSTEM 3 5 4 Compulsory ULT204 INTERNATIONAL MONETARY AND CAPITAL MARKETS 3 5 4 Compulsory ULT206 MANAGERIAL ECONOMICS 3 5 4 Compulsory ULT214 INTERNATIONAL TRADE AND TAXATION 3 5 4 Compulsory IST208 STATISTICS and PROBABILITY II 3 4 - 5 - Semester Type Course Code Course Name Credits ECTS Credits 5 Compulsory ISL303 MARKETING MANAGEMENT I 3 5 5 Compulsory ULT301 HISTORY OF ECONOMIC THOUGHT 3 5 5 Compulsory ULT303 FOREIGN TRADE FINANCING 3 6 5 Compulsory ULT309 INTERNATIONAL LOGISTICS 3 5 5 Compulsory ULT313 THE EUROPEAN UNION AND TURKEY ECONOMIC RELATIONS 3 5 5 Elective ISL311 CONSUMER BEHAVIOR AND ISSUES 3 5 5 Elective ULT305 ELECTRONIC TRADE 3 5 5 Elective ULT317 SALES & MARKETING IN INTERNATIONAL TRADE 3 5 5 Elective ULT321 CURRENT DEVELOPMENTS IN GLOBAL FINANCE AND TRADE 3 5 - 6 - Semester Type Course Code Course Name Credits ECTS Credits 6 Compulsory ISL304 MARKETING STRATEGIES 3 5 6 Compulsory ISL310 INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS MANAGEMENT 3 5 6 Compulsory ULT302 INTERNATIONAL ECONOMICS 3 5 6 Compulsory ULT304 TURKISH ECONOMY 3 5 6 Compulsory ULT310 ENTREPRENEURSHIP 3 5 6 Elective HUK324 LAW OF OBLIGATION 3 5 6 Elective ULT326 APPLIED FOREIGN TRADE OPERATIONS 3 5 6 Elective ULT328 INTERNATIONAL TRADE AND DEVELOPMENT 3 5 - 7 - Semester Type Course Code Course Name Credits ECTS Credits 7 Compulsory HUK427 BUSINESS LAW 3 5 7 Compulsory ISL403 PROJECT EVALUATION 3 5 7 Compulsory ISL411 PAZARLAMA ARAŞTIRMASI 3 5 7 Compulsory ULT403 INTERNATIONAL ECONOMIC INSTITUTIONS and GLOBALİZATİON 3 5 7 Elective ULT421 HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT 3 5 - 8 - Semester Type Course Code Course Name Credits ECTS Credits 8 Compulsory ISL408 BUSINESS POLICIES AND STRATEGIES 3 5 8 Compulsory ULT402 INTERNATIONAL TRADE STRATEGY 3 5 8 Compulsory ULT406 GRADUATION PROJECT 3 5 8 Compulsory ISL418 ORGANIZATION COMMUNIATION 3 5 8 Elective ULT404 ECONOMICS AND POLITICS OF ENERGY LINES 3 5 8 Elective ULT408 INTERNATIONAL ECONOMY AND TRADE 3 5
Examination Regulations, Assessment and Grading
A variety ofassessment methods such as quizzes, mid-term(s), assignment(s), exercise(s), project(s), practice(s), and a final exam are implemented in the programme. Assessment methods may include classical test(s), multiple-choice test(s), homework(s), performance evaluation(s), and product evaluation(s). In order to graduate from the programme, cumulative GPA must be minimum 2.00. A course grade is constituted by evaluating the above stated elements and given by using letters. Letter grades and their associated coefficients are as follows;
Semester GradeCoefficient Grade Interval
(over 100)AA4,00 90-100BA3,50 80-89BB3,0070-79 CB2,50 65-69CC2,00 60-64DC 1,50 55-59DD 1,0050-54FF 0,000-49
The lowest grade to be successful in a credit course is:
- For associate degree and undergraduate degree students; DD,
- For Master Students; CC,
Students who have received an “FF”, “FD”, “NA”(non-Attendance) or “W” (Withdrawal) in any course or “U” (Unsatisfactory) for non-credited courses must repeat it in the first semester the course is offered again. If a course has a prerequisite the ones who are not successful in the course with prerequisite cannot take that course.
Repeating the Semester
Students whose cumulative grade point average is 1.99 and below at the end of the second semester are considered unsuccessful and they cannot enrol courses from upper grade. Unsuccessful students may retake the courses they failed or succeeded (CC or under) if they want to until they raise their cumulative grade point average to 2.00.
Students whose Cum GPA are at least 2.00 in any semester are considered successful.
In order to graduate from this undergraduate program, the students are reguired;
To succeed in all of the courses listed in the curriculum of the program by getting the grade of at least DD/S with a minimum of 240 ECTS
To have a Cumulative Grade point Average of 2.00 out of 4.00
To complete their compulsory internship in a specified duration and quality.
Mode of Study
Chair of the Department of International Trade
Prof. Dr. Mehmet TOMANBAY
Faculty of Economic and Administrative Sciences
Department of International Trade
Dr. Rıdvan Ege Kampüsü, Kampüsü Kızılcaşar mah. 06830
Courses – Key Learning Outcomes Relation Matrix
PQ1 PQ2 PQ3 PQ4 PQ5 PQ6 PQ7 PQ8 PQ8 PQ9 PQ10 PQ11 PQ 12 PQ 13 EKO101 MAT101 IST100 ISL103 HUK115 ING101 TUR101 EKO102 MAT102 ISL106 ISL104 HUK116 ING102 TUR102 ULT201 ULT203 ULT205 ISL209 IST207 ING201 TAR201 ULT202 ULT204 ULT214 ISL210 IST208 ING202 TAR202 ULT301 ULT303 ULT309 ISL303 ING301 ULT302 ULT304 ULT306 ISL304 ISL310 ISL411 ISL421 ISL427 HUK427 ULT402 ULT406 ISL408 Seçmeli Dersler ULT305 ISL311 ISL313 ISL317 ULT308 HUK324 ISL403 SIBU409 ISL417 EKO401 ULT404 ULT420 ISL410 ISL424
NQF-HETR/Program Competencies Matrix